October 9, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna is talking about why the notion of Loving Yourself First is B.S. As someone who has been tricked into this new age manta of reaching some level of "complete", Giovanna will talk about how she changed that and why you can't get it "right". Giovanna used to think that she must be attracting certain qualities and men because she didn't love herself enough in certain areas. This is a falsehood that we tell ourselves. You don't want to miss out on this episode!
- Giovanna dives into the spiral of self love to get what we want
- Giovanna talks about being in a healthy relationship and what that took
- Giovanna discusses finding what your personal values are and how that will create the shift
- Giovanna emphasizes your value proposition
- What is your value proposition?
- Write down everything that is valuable to you. Everything you bring to a friendship. To the world. To life.
- If you struggle to do this, call a friend, call family, call someone who knows you well and ask them.
- Find an avatar for yourself. Someone you admire, their life, their relationship..and ask them...do you love yourself 100%.
- If they are honest, they will probably say no...that they (like all of us) are a work in progress
October 2, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna is talking to Sumi Krishnan about how her artistry and activism have led her to a life where she is living her dream. Sumi is most widely known for founding and growing K4 Solutions, Inc. — a multi-million dollar government contracting company she started in college. After growing a team of more than 200 people and serving large public programs from TSA to Medicare, last year Sumi graduated from Harvard with her Masters in Public Administration. In 2019, she officially stepped down as President of K4 to pursue the dream she’s carried with her since she was a little girl: to make music & perform. Now located in Nashville, TN, Sumi is pursuing her love of singing and songwriting through the Love Revolution, a socially conscious community of people who are doing what they love, embodying love, and waging love for a better world.
- Sumi dives into the struggle of following a path of your dreams and the expectations of the world
- Sumi talks about what is going on with your heart and the story you have told yourself
- Sumi discusses finding the common theme in all of your passions to create a path forward
- Giovanna emphasizes following your passion
- Follow your heart. Follow your passion.
- Get Quiet. Receive the message. Follow the butterfly. Give yourself the permission!
- Take the first step. Do the thing you find scary.
September 25, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna is talking to Simona Ksoll on the power of Doing the Inner Work that we all need. Simon is a Personal Mentor to Entrepreneurs & Creatives. A former Marketing Executive at Sony Pictures working on big global campaigns for blockbuster feature films like Spider-man, Django Unchained and Terminator as well as hit television shows like Breaking Bad, Outlander and Better Call Saul, Simona became a transformational coach helping her clients change what they believe about themselves so that they can confidently step into their next chapter and make their big inner vision their reality.
- Simona dives into the subconscious and changing our belief system from an unconscious level
- Simona talks about how changing our perspectives will change our lives
- Simona discusses drilling down to the root of the issue and healing from there
- Giovanna emphasizes that our beliefs create our circumstances
- It is all about the root cause.
- You can transform anything if you are willing to take a step forward.
- When you are being called to your next level, it is easier to stay comfortable.
September 18, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna is talking to about the illusion of perfect love, recycling the old issues in new relationships and the relationship that made her hit rock bottom. Giovanna will take you on her journey through what she realized was a toxic relationship, how she changed after that relationship and when she decided that she needed to cut that person completely out of her life.
- Giovanna explains how she was ashamed at what she had "allowed" to happen
- Giovanna talks about the work it took after the rock bottom relationship, to become who she is today
- Giovanna discusses three different ways the narcissist shows themselves
- Giovanna emphasizes the process it takes to regain who you once were
- Narcissism has a spectrum. From the friend who only talks about themselves, to the pathological narcissist.
- The rollercoaster of being in a relationship with someone who builds you up...only to tear you down. I became a shadow of myself.
- Society has given us an illusion of perfect love. An illusion that keeps us in a lovesick cycle.
September 11, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna is talking to Amy Smith about boundaries, standing up for yourself and the hurdles that women face with you don't want to be labeled a bitch! Amy is a certified confidence coach, masterful speaker, and personal empowerment expert. Founder of TheJoyJunkie.com, Amy uses her roles as coach, writer, podcaster, and speaker to move individuals to a place of radical personal empowerment and self-love. With acute focus on helping people “find their voice”, she is highly sought after for her uncommon style of irreverence, wisdom, and humor and has been a featured expert on Fox 5 San Diego and YourTango.com.
- Amy explains how she grew up in a family of faith and fear and the disappointment she was to her family
- Amy talks about the moments when speaking up for yourself matters
- Amy discusses how we are wired to please
- Giovanna emphasizes to let your YES be a yes and your NO be a no
- You are worthy. You are enough.
- You are responsible for your intention, not your reception.
- Don't apologize for who you are...but you might have to apologize for your delivery.
If you want a part 2 with Amy, please send us specific questions on how to respond to situations that we can help you with! Please email questions to email@example.com
September 6, 2019
Welcome back to a new Season of She Rises! We have a new look and feel to both the podcast and our website! Check it out! Today, Giovanna is talking about the changes she made this summer, the effect it had on her work and a new fall program, launching the end of October! You won't want to miss this.
- Giovanna explains that overwhelm is an option, but it is not one you have to choose
- Giovanna talks about the pressure to be always on social media and the stress that causes
- Giovanna discusses changing her mindset and changing her focus
- Overwhelm is an option, but you don't have to choose it.
- Allow yourself being...to be a better doer.
July 10, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna is talking to Phoebe Mroczek about unbecoming as a daily practice and what unbecoming is for her! Phoebe is a podcaster and marketing strategist who helps online entrepreneurs create a profitable business that is a reflection of who they are and what they want most. She is the host of the Unbecoming Podcast, a show that helps entrepreneurs release judgment, expectations and past conditioning to redefine their metrics of success and live a fun, free and fulfilling life.
- Phoebe explains the practice of releasing who you aren't and stepping into a life of who you are
- Phoebe talks about the box of expectations that society has placed you in
- Phoebe discusses focusing on the habit and not the outcome
- Giovanna emphasizes using your feelings as your compass rather than your destination
- You are not just a mom. You are not just an entrepreneur. You are not just _________. You are so many things and you are capable of so much more.
- Don't rush the process. Be here in this moment. Get what you need to get now, or you won't be able to get to where you are going.
- Own who you are and communicate it in a transparent way.
June 26, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna is talking to Dr. Heather Bartos. oin Heather Bartos, M.D. is a leading voice in the field of women’s health and wellness, combining care for the mind, body, emotions, and spirit to help women live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Fascinated by how what we think about affects how we feel, Dr. Bartos teaches women—and women’s families—how to thrive, no matter what stage of life they’re in.
- Heather explains the five why's and how she uses them
- Heather talks about mind-shift medicine and how our emotions effect our physical body and health.
- Heather discusses the shame and blame of sex we learn as children
- Giovanna emphasizes the powerful force behind a woman's sexual drive
- We are responsible for our own pleasure.
- Get out of your head! Orgasms are healthy! They release all that is good in the world.
June 19, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna is talking relationships and not just romantic ones. If you think of relationships from a macro perspective, everything is relationship. From where you sit in a room, to familial, work, self, source and romantic. We are in relationship to the spaces we fill, the people we communicate with and ourselves. Join Giovanna as she talks about the two primary foundational relationships in each persons life. Source and self.
- Giovanna explains the foundational relationships
- Giovanna talks about the relationship to others
- Giovanna discusses getting it right, when there is no right
- Giovanna emphasizes kindness in relationship to self
- Am I cultivating capacity, resiliency and trust? Or am I looking to get filled from the outside in?
- Are you not getting this thing called life right? When every area feels meh...
June 6, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna is diving into something personal for her but knows there are so many that relate. Guilty Pleasures. Guilt when you take time off. Guilt that others are working and you are enjoying life. Listen in as Giovanna talks about her own experiences with the guilt monster and some tips on how to over come it.
- Giovanna explains the culture of being busy
- Giovanna talks about the should's and could's
- Giovanna discusses unconscious guilt
- Giovanna emphasizes how to make a change
- Take a breath. Notice what is happening. Learn to be present.
- Unconscious guilt will wreak havoc on your personal life and your health.
- Don't glorify a busy life. We make peopl