May 22, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna talks with Nutrition expert Carly Pollack. Carly Pollack is the author of Feed Your Soul and is the founder of Nutritional Wisdom, a thriving private practice based in Austin, Texas. A Certified Clinical Nutritionist with a master’s degree in holistic nutrition, Carly has been awarded Best Nutritionist in Austin five years running and has helped over 10,000 people achieve their health and happiness goals. In Feed Your Soul: Nutritional Wisdom to Lose Weight Permanently and Live Fulfilled (New World Library, February 5, 2019), she presents her unique understanding of body science, brain wiring, and spiritual principles to facilitate real, long-term change.
- Carly explains we teach what we most need to hear
- Carly talks about how we need to nourish our whole self
- Carly discusses deprivation and how it works against us
- Giovanna emphasizes that it is not just about behavior modification
- Carly explains the two current schools of thought
- Giovanna talks about how boundaries are a positive thing
- You can't hate yourself skinny.
- Love creates change, not fear.
- Thoughts drive Emotions. Emotions dictate change.
- Body shaming is a waste of time.
- If people don't have the tools, they will never make a permanent change.
May 8, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna talks to Ellen Grace Obrian. Ellen is the author of The Jewel of Abundance and director of the Center for Spiritual Enlightenment in San Jose, CA. Ellen is a yogacharya (an esteemed yoga teacher), a radio host, and an award-winning poet who weaves poetry into her teachings on spiritual matters, pointing to the mystical experience beyond words and thought. Join Giovanna and Ellen as they talk about the mind, body soul connection and the split that has occurred.
- Ellen explains that the greatest wealth is soul wealth
- Ellen talks about the four universal goals
- Ellen discusses how we live our full life and not divide it up
- Ellen emphasizes purpose is the blossoming of your divine self
- Ellen explains that if we can't find joy, we are missing the purpose
- Teach us how to know the truth of what we are. we are not confined to the body or the mind.
- The great mistake...is trying to be spiritual (the mindset) the farther we get from our essential being. Because we are already spiritual beings.
- We want our work to be a harmonious vehicle for those qualities. Our vocation can be an avenue to express our higher purpose.
May 2, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna talks the spectrum of Love Sick. Love sickness is simply a lack of love somewhere in our lives, this could be romantic love, but doesn't need to be. Often if we are trying to fill a void on the inside, we are more comfortable looking for that love on the outside, this is love sick.
- Giovanna explains Love Sick
- Giovanna talks about how we are all some where on the spectrum
- Giovanna discusses how we experience attachment energy
- Giovanna emphasizes that we are not at fault for our love addiction
- Giovanna explains the paths to recovery
- We compensate with fantasy to escape the pain of the real world relationships we are in.
- When we go into manorexia, we shut ourselves off from romantic love, to control the situation. This doesn't fulfill us, we still come up dry.
- What are you risking for love?
April 17, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna talks with Dr. Heather McKee. Heather is the UK’s leading behaviour change specialist, lecturer, speaker, and consultant. Having studied behaviour change psychology for 10 years her mission is to offer an evidence based sustainable alternative to an industry saturated with quick fixes and health fads. Heather works as a habit change coach to help support her clients in building healthy habits they enjoy and importantly that last a lifetime.She is well-versed in what it means to be brave and loves helping women get their brave on!
- Heather explains our barriers to change
- Heather talks about how change is both messy and hard
- Heather discusses deprivation and how it works against us
- Heather emphasizes that willpower is a muscle
- Heather explains implementation planning to be successful
- Giovanna talks about planned imperfection
- Heather talks about making small changes and repetition
- We had all these amazing resources, yet people couldn't get their goals to stick.
- The more you resist, the more you persist.
- We make goals a huge mountain to climb because we are suffocating from our perfectionism.
- Skill power not will power.
- Planned imperfection! We will imperfectly achieve our goals.
April 3, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna spends time focusing on spiritual surrender and what it actually is. She discusses the flow of life, relationships and business all come from the power decision of surrender. Listen in as Giovanna talks about setting her EGO aside and letting surrender occur.
- Giovanna explains surrender and submissions
- Giovanna breaks down why we confuse the two
- Giovanna discusses the energy in which we do things
- Giovanna talks about EGO, otherwise know as Edging God Out
- Giovanna explains how to cultivate the skill of surrender
- Giovanna emphasizes that if you keep hitting roadblocks, there is a reason
- Surrender is an innate way of being. It is the undoing of you being in control.
- We confuse 'Thy Will be Done' with submission, when it is really surrender.
- The first step in surrender is cultivating the relationship with Spirit. Asking, Who Am I?
- It is important to understand the energy in which we do things. The energy behind our words.
March 20, 2019
For this episode of She Rises, Giovanna welcomes Baljit Rayat. Baljit is a spiritual teacher who works in energetic and etheric levels to help others who want to become unstuck in their current realities. She explores an even deeper level by reading Akashic records to let people know what areas of life to focus on and improve. Keep your mind and heart open as Giovanna and Baljit dive into this unique topic and learn more about Akashic records, becoming a conscious co-creator, and being open to a universe full of possibilities.
- Baljit shares her past healing crisis and experience with a homeopathic doctor.
- Baljit discusses how she met her mentor and learned about Akashic records.
- Giovanna defines energy medicine.
- Baljit explains Akashic records readings and how it taps into your soul’s purpose.
- Baljit talks about the difference between psychic readings and Akashic readings.
- Baljit shares how realizing our universal truth in Akashic readings allows healing to occur.
- Baljit explains what a spiritual bypass is and how it can mask the truth.
- Giovanna talks about how emotions get trapped in your body and can cause illness.
- Baljit discusses being a conscious co-creator instead of a subconscious co-creator.
- Baljit shares how Akashic readings help people from all walks of life.
- Baljit advises to honor your boundaries by listening to your gut intuition and to be okay with saying no.
- When you’re working with Akashic records, there’s no such thing as time and space. You can heal simultaneously because our past life runs parallel to the present.
- If you have a block—physically, mentally, emotionally—you’re not going to be able to manifest what it is you want to create.
- When we choose to deflect our awareness, resistance happens. That resistance is suffering and where we experience pain, and we hold onto it like a security blanket.
- You will not heal if you avoid your emotions. Connect to your body and emotions on a deeper level and allow yourself to heal.
- Practice listening to your intuition. Create space for alignment to your actual purpose.
March 6, 2019
Welcome to another episode of She Rises! A lot of people often confuse taking responsibility with taking blame, and today Giovanna explains the difference and what radical responsibility for your life really means. She shares different ways to take radical responsibility, what possibilities it will create, and the radical change you will experience!
- Giovanna explains the difference between responsibility and blame.
- Giovanna discusses the nature of creating your own reality.
- Giovanna defines radical responsibility and the choice you have for how you experience your life and events in your life.
- Giovanna talks about 3 benefits of taking 100% radical responsibility in your life.
- Benefit 1: Removes you from being the victim.
- Benefit 2: Empowers you to make the next right move.
- Benefit 3: Increases your ability to trust yourself and your decision making in all areas of your life.
- Giovanna gives suggestions for how to take radical responsibility for yourself.
- Giovanna warns about “over-responsibility” and the toxic side of taking responsibility.
- We create our reality from our perception. When we have a filter over it, we experience our reality from that filter.
- Taking 100% responsibility for your experience is the only way you can sit in the seat of your own power.
- Step back and ask yourself: “How am I behaving now as a result of _____? Am I feeling life a victim or am I stepping into healing?”
- If you’re not waiting for external circumstances to change, then you’re in the driver’s seat of your life!
- Watch yourself when you’re taking responsibility and make sure the word “should” is not in there along with shame or guilt.
February 20, 2019
Welcome back for another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna talks with Jena Rodriguez. Jena has endured an incredible journey that involved transitioning from being homeless to having a great job, to a business owner, to $700k in debt and bankrupt, to now generating over $1.2M as a Brand & Business Strategist. She is well-versed in what it means to be brave and loves helping women get their brave on!
- Jena shares her entrepreneurial journey.
- Jena discusses listening to the “spark of curiosity”.
- Jena talks about the stress of overwhelming debt, taking risks and making decisions.
- Giovanna mentions the bravery required to know when enough is enough.
- Jena explains the difference between quitting and giving up.
- Jena discusses how to move from curiosity to action in 4 steps.
- Giovanna discusses flow, doubt, and decision-making.
- Giovanna and Jena talk about the power of the universe over our shallow ego voice.
- Jena shares the meaning of brave by survival and brave by choice.
- Bravery is cultivated in the act of doing the thing that scares you.
- It’s brave to go for what you want, but it’s equally brave to know when to call it quits.
- Remember to breathe into the excitement. What’s right behind it is the fear when you hold your breath.
- You won’t know what’s possible unless you ask questions and discover your options.
- We all have a loud ego and when we get quiet, we find our inspired voice.
- Bravery isn’t just about being fearless. It’s about fearing less.
- You’ve always been brave and you’ve always had fears. Fears do not go away and bravery is always a choice.
Jena’s Brave Masters
The Brave Entrepreneur Podcast
February 6, 2019
Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna spends time focusing on a particular psychological aspect of relationships called the Drama Triangle. Different from an infamous love triangle, the Drama Triangle is subconscious in nature and something you need to be aware of and address in order to keep your relationships as drama-free as possible!
- Giovanna explains “breadcrumb relationships”.
- Giovanna breaks down the 3 parts of the Drama Triangle: Victim, Rescuer, Perpetrator.
- Giovanna discusses how to move patterns of relating from unconscious to conscious.
- Giovanna talks about moving among the 3 roles but recognizing your dominant role.
- Giovanna explains how to stop the cycle of assuming the role of victim, rescuer, or perpetrator.
- Giovanna emphasizes the need to recognize where your needs are not being met and to express those needs more positively.
- Giovanna discusses the importance of non-judgment and curiosity when trying to address and change your relationship situation.
- Once you recognize how you relate unconsciously, you can reprogram and reshape the way your nervous system responds to relationships.
- Reflect on your relationships. If there’s conflict or clash, can you find which part of the Drama Triangle you’re acting out?
- Notice when you are in it. Name the role you are playing without judgment.
- Take radical responsibility. 100% own your part in creating this situation and your reactions.
- Start cultivating the practice of surrendering and letting go by asking: What can I let go of? What can I release? What can I be?
January 30, 2019
On this episode of She Rises, Giovanna talks with Ilana Ben-Ari. Ilana is a female entrepreneur who is creating innovation that changes the way we learn soft skills like empathy, how to fail, and how to be a better human. She shares how her empathy toys are impacting schools and offices across the world and how she is able to make miracles through the simple act of play.
- Ilana shares her background and educational history of design.
- Ilana explains how her toys mimic real-life scenarios that address patience, frustration, and creative communication.
- Ilana discusses why she insisted on using the label “toy” instead of “facilitation tool”.
- Ilana mentions how toys can lead to programs like “21 Leaders” that have seen an 85% reduction in students being sent to the office for conflict and bullying.
- Giovanna discusses the importance of teaching empathy and failure to children AND adults.
- Ilana shares how “breaking the rules” can lead to creative confidence.
- Ilana emphasizes how so many big businesses like Google and Microsoft are acknowledging the value of creativity and emotional intelligence.
- Ilana explains how the creation story of kindergarten inspired her to use specific materials to draw attention to the value of soft skills.
- Giovanna discusses how innovation pulls from previous building blocks and helps us re-prioritize lessons we’ve already learned about how to treat others and work together.
- Being good at school has nothing to do with being good at life.
- Empathy toys are valuable because they brings up conversations that make invisible
- skills visible.
- Toys are not necessarily frivolous. They can teach important skills and lead to valuable insights.
- The goal of a really well-designed product is to leave room for someone else to come in and own it, change the rules, and use it to learn and teach others.
- The skills we valued and learned in kindergarten are now the key skills we need to excel in our work.
- We’re getting back something we lost by returning to the basics and simplicity of play.
Twenty One Toys: Toys that teach Empathy
World Economic Forum Future Jobs Report
Satya Nadella—Microsoft’s CEO’s Book