Author Corinne Zupko, a licensed counselor and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction teacher, undertook her study of psychology out of necessity when debilitating anxiety threatened to derail her life. Seeking ways to do more than temporarily alleviate her symptoms, Corinne began to study A Course in Miracles (ACIM), mindfulness meditation, and the latest therapeutic approaches for treating anxiety. As Corinne healed her own mental anguish, she compiled the perception-shifting process she describes in the enclosed advance reading copy of From Anxiety to Love: A Radical New Approach for Letting Go of Fear and Finding Lasting Peace (New World Library, February 14, 2018).
“In these pages, I describe the process I used to work myself out of terror and into an anxiety-free life,” writes Corinne. “And by working that process, I’m now doing things I never thought I would be capable of: taking plane trips fearlessly, and without medications, by myself; speaking confidently in front of large audiences; traveling into New York City by myself without feeling completely overwhelmed; sleeping like a baby instead of having horrible insomnia; and awakening without early-morning anxiety. If I can experience such radical changes in my life, so can you.” From Anxiety to Love helps readers learn to undo anxiety-based thinking by internalizing the teachings of ACIM, fostering mindful shifts in their thoughts and actions, and connecting to their Inner Therapist, the deeply gratifying, enormously comforting inner voice that affirms our safe oneness with the universe rather than our ego’s perception of danger and separation. Whether struggling with everyday stress or near-crippling discomfort, readers will find that Corinne’s approach offers a new way of healing from — rather than just coping with — fear and anxiety.
“Inner peace is not an event: it’s a process. It’s not something we attain once and keep forever, but rather an experience that continues to deepen to the degree to which you’re willing to get out of the way and allow peace to move through you,” writes Corinne. “I promise that you are worth the effort. I’m imagining that we’re holding hands in our shared commitment to undoing anxiety. Let’s do this.”
Corinne Zupko, EdS, LPC, is the author of From Anxiety to Love. As a licensed counselor and keynote speaker, she has helped thousands of individuals through her one-on-one counseling, weekly meditation classes for corporations, and the largest virtual conference of ACIM in the world, through the organization Miracle Share International, which she cofounded. She lives in New Jersey. Visit her online at http://www.FromAnxietytoLove.com.
On this episode of She Rises, Host Giovanna Capozza speaks with Corinne Zupko, author of From Anxiety to Love, a Radical New Approach for Letting Go of Fear and Finding Lasting Peace.
- Corinne was stuck in anxiety for most of her life and was diagnosed with separation anxiety at a young age.
- After crippling anxiety attacks in college, she found A Course in Miracles and she began to peel herself out of anxiety.
- Most people have at least low-level anxiety even if they’re not always aware of it.
- We have to be honest with ourselves, and then we have to find our willingness to bring out miracles.
- Giovanna and Corinne discuss New Age Guilt and how the Course’s teachings are actually leading us out of guilt.
- In our experience of love and peace, that’s where trust builds, and anxiety has to fall away.
- Spiritually bypassing our feeling doesn’t work, we have to fully acknowledge and fully feel our feelings.
- Your anxiety and fear are a projection of the part of your mind that is in wrongmindedness and is syncing with the ego.
- Corinne talks about calling forth witnesses for fear and love and provides an example.
- We have the choice to repurpose every experience we have in our lives to be used by the ego thought system or the inner therapist.
- Even good experiences can keep us identified by the small self, not just bad experiences.
- Being willing to let go, see differently, and see peace that is independent of our circumstances is possible.
- The root cause of our fear is that we’re separate from divine love.
- Many people walk around in a state of unease.